Wednesday 15 January 2014

Research For Collection

For the new briefs, I have to start developing my final collection. 
This is my initial thought for my collection theme. I am really interested in the venice carnival and how dramatic and theatrical the costumes are. From here I focused on one thing from my mind map. Commedia Dell Arte which is a form of Italian theatre.  

For my final collection I have to create four outfits. So I have decided to make each outfit represent one of the characters from Commedia Dell Arte. 
My first character is Brighella, who is the villain. This lead me to look at Maleficent from snow white. From here I started to get an idea for the colour scheme, of purples and blacks.   
From maleficent I went to the devil. This lead to wrath, one of the seven deadly sins. I started to look at explosions and the shapes they create which lead to some modelling on the stand.
 I really like the direction this thread is taking and think I could produce something quite theatrical from my research. I would like to look into the idea of the model producing fire as walks down the catwalk. 





No comments:

Post a Comment