Thursday 30 January 2014

Design development - Brighella

For one of the tasks in this brief,  I have to produce design development of my final four outfits.
This is my development of my outfit for Brighella. As well as using my research in my design, I have to incorporate a trend. I chose the 50s trend for A/W 2014/15.

I started with the hourglass shape which I took from my trend. I then started to play around with the neckline shape.  The pointed neckline was inspired by the Disney character Maleficent's costume. 
Here I have added pleats on to the dress. This was inspired by Sarli Couture A/W 2013/14 collection. 
I used the furrowing  I did on the stand to inform a strap around the neck  and played around with the hourglass silhouette.   
 
I have used the Wicked Witch's costume from Oz; The Great and Powerful movie to inspire a shoulder wedge.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment