Wednesday 20 November 2013

Manufacture of Final Design

I started to manufacture my sustainable garment. You can see the design for it on my previous blog post.  I chose to use to different fabrics for the panels, a cross-weave cotton and a muslin fabric. The panels that were in the muslin fabric were also pleated. In the picture above I have pleated the fabric before cutting the pattern piece. This made it easier and allowed me to make them curved and slightly wonky.  After assembling the panels I cut a strip of the cross-weave cotton and gathered it on one side. This became the frill at the bottom.
I placed a concealed zip in the back and the construction of the bodice was complete. 
To finish it of I did put stitching around all the raw edges and on top of the frill. 




I created a spec drawing for the bodice.





No comments:

Post a Comment