Friday 17 January 2014

Research

I have started researching into my second character for my collection. 
Arlecchino is a character that has the agility of an acrobat. This lead me to look into circus performers and what they wear.  The colours scheme that was informed by my research is mostly oranges and reds. 




One thing I  partially liked about the circus costumes was the ruffles on the clowns costume. I took this and created some shape development and samples.


The circus performers that hang from the ceiling have rope wrapped around their legs and arms. This lead to some modelling on the stand. I experimented with wrapping and twisting strips of fabric around the mannequin.  
I looked at the circus tent shape which  informed some shape development of on exaggerated skirt shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment