Sunday 27 January 2013

The 60s Dress Project - Part 3

I have started manufacturing the dress. I started off by sewing the dart. Before I did this I marked with a pen where the pin was placed on the pattern. I then lined up the notches and sewed a straight line from the notches to the dot. I repeated this on the other side.


I assembled the pockets next. I sewed the pockets and the pocket linings together (right sides together) but leaving a gap on one side. The gap enabled me to turn the pocket inwards. I ironed the pockets flat ready to be attached.

I marked with a pen on my dress where pockets were meant to go and attached the pockets.  
I moved on to the zip next. I over locked the two back panels and then attached the zip.



 This is what I managed to get up to in this lesson.





No comments:

Post a Comment