Friday 14 September 2012

Second week of college


Pencil Drawing(top)
Drawing with grid method(Middle)
Pen Drawing
I'm in the second week of college and I'm really enjoying it. At the moment we are doing a historical unit and a drawing unit. I'm finding the historical side really interesting, I love learning about past fashions because you can see the influences in today's fashion. I was given a certain decade to research and mine was the 1870's.

Yesterday at college, we did observational drawing exercises. First we use the grid method, to copy an image which was upside down. It helped that it was upside down because when looking at it I didn't see a person (this was what the image was of), I saw lines and marks. I was then taught another method which allowed you to get the proportions right on your drawing. This method is really helpful and I'm going to try and use it all the time.

At first I was told to draw in pencil to build confidence but then on the third drawing I was told to draw in pen. I was less confident with the pen because if you made a mistake you couldn't rub it out like you could with pencil. I still managed to do a good pen drawing even though I was hesitant at first.

Overall I had a good start to the course and can't wait to start on the next part.









No comments:

Post a Comment