Sunday 13 January 2013

Printing Workshop

As I have mentioned in a previous post I have to take part in a few textile workshops for my current brief. The next workshop was printing. During this workshop I was given the idea to my own fabric for a dress I was currently making in my pattern cutting lessons. I did this using lino printing.
I also tried other types of printing during the workshop such as stamp, mono printing and potato printing.



I experimented withe the stamps at first to see the marks each one made. Then I tried to use the stamps to recreate one of my observational drawings.


The type of printing I tried was the mono print. this is were you roll paint on to acetate which is taped to the paper which you want your print on. You then tape a photocopy of the image you want to print on top of the acetate. Then you trace the image with a pencil or pen. After you have done this, you should a print of the image on the paper when you lift up the acetate.


The potato printing was not very succesful because it was difficult to carve your shape into the potato and i mostly turned to mush.



My lino print was very sucseful beacuse I chose a simple design and I took my time when making the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment