Monday 29 April 2013

Toile Diary 3


I had finished the pattern for the skirt in the last lesson, so constructed a toile of the skirt in calico. The shape was good and when I make it out of the actual fabric it will hold the shape better. I didn't have to make any alterations to the skirt pattern.  
 


 Next, I patterned the waist band and then toiled that in calico. Again I didn't have to make any alterations to the pattern.
 




 

 


 






 



 I made my bodice pattern by tracing around a bodice block.

 In my design the bodice it similar shape to a vest which meant I had to take away from the shoulder.
 

 
I am going to add a neck piece on to the bodice, so to make sure it doesn't choke the model I lowered the neck line.
 


 I then sewed the bodice together.




 



 When I placed it on the mannequin I discovered that it didn't quite fit at the bottom. To create a better fit I made the front darts 0.5 cm bigger.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment