Tuesday 5 February 2013

Greed thread

I have completed the second thread which is about greed. I started with two images I found that represented greed. I then drew some hands and mouths on the page, which I took from these images. I then looked at the clenched hand because I thought it represented greed and how greed grabs things and doesn't share.
 
 
I thought about what else was tightly closed which was clams. I noticed that the clams had a lined pattern on their shells. I recreated this on a small sample. I did some work on the mannequin with the shape of the clams. Clams contain pearls inside which moved me on to gem stones. This still links back to greed because gem stones are a desirable possession. The line drawing of the gems reminded me of origami.
 
I created a origami necklace and because I used magazine paper which has a shine to it, at first glace the origami looked like jewels.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment