Tuesday 30 October 2012

Comparing Illustrators



The one one the left is the contemporary illustration and the one above is the historical illustration I picked to compare and contrast.
I presented my power point on the 11th October. I was very nervous leading up to the presentation.
I enjoyed doing the research on my illustrator and found out some interesting facts about her. We reviewed each others presentations; saying what our weaknesses and strengths were. When looking at the feedback I found out that my knowledge on Julie Verhoeven was good because I didn't need notes.  My only weakness was at the beginning, were I was very nervous but after the first minute or so, I grew more confident.

As a visual for my presentation, I recreated one of her illustrations ,which was on a tea cup. You can see this below.



For the next part of this unit I have to choose two illustrations, one historical, one contemporary. I then have to analyse them and talk about their purpose, audience and style. I have chosen to compare and contrast these two illustration.











No comments:

Post a Comment