Monday 24 September 2012

Third Week of College

Finished researching my first decade (1870s). It was quite a hard decade to do because not alot of significant things happened at that time and I could only find one well known fashion designer, Charles Worth. He popularised the bustle and that was a major trend in that decade. I do like his designs although I would never wear one. They are very lavish and decorative.

I have now started rsearching my secnd decade (1930s). This is a more interesting decade. There were plenty of famous fashion designers then e.g Elsa Schiaparelli, Coco Channel and Norman Hartnell. I particularly liked Elsa Schiaparelli, I find her designs innovative and exciting. Her belief is that fashion is art form and I totally agree with her.

 To get marks on my drawing unit I carried out some observational drawings. I visited Liverpool at the weekend and thought it was a perfect place to carry out the drawings. I visited the Liverpool Museum, where I drew the exhibits. Some I drew of the buildings and monuments around Liverpool.

The first six of the photos below are observational drawing carried out during college time. I'll be doing more observational drawings in the next few weeks and I will upload the Photos on to my blog so you can see my progress.
















No comments:

Post a Comment