Wednesday 16 October 2013

My Sustainable Collection



I am doing a sustainable brief for college which involves me designing a collection for a label. My label was called "From somewhere", which uses cut offs to create their garments. I talked about the 40 designs I did for the label in a previous post and how I chose eight of them to be on final boards. Well these are my final boards but I had to drop two designs to make them fit on.

For my collection I only designed dresses because as a designer that is what I like to design and the label created mostly dresses. My target customer is a mature elegant woman who is ecologically and ethically conscious. To convey this I used a elegant figure on the board and designed garments that would suit my customer. 

I went for a blue and green colour scheme, which I took from the current trends I researched (To see the trends I am talking about click here). I didn't use the bright colours in the trend because it didn't work for my target customer. The function of the collection is evening wear and it is also sustainable because I decided it would be made out of cut offs from Speedo.


No comments:

Post a Comment