Wednesday 6 March 2013

Shirt Dress Project - Part 1

I started a new dress today, it is a shirt dress. I managed to pattern the whole dress in, pattern cutting lesson.
 
 I started by tracing my dress block.


I drew a new bust dart.

 Then I traced the front dress block with the new bust dart. Then I cut down the new bust dart line and closed the old bust dart. 
 For this dress shirt, I am having buttons down the front. To do this I added a button stand of 1.5cm.
 Then I drew on the button stand/placket of 3cm. 
 I curved the arm hole round.

 
I added a 5cm hem and a 1cm seam allowance. Then I cut it out.
 
 
I removed the dart from the back and then traced it. I added a 1cm seam allowance and then cut it.
 
I traced a sleeve block.
 I made the sleeve fit the shirt dress and drew on the shape of the sweet heart sleeve. Then I traced each shape and added a 1cm seam allowance.
 Next I patterned the shirt collar. The traced the shirt collar and the collar stand. I added a 1cm seam allowance and then cut it out. 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment