Wednesday 25 September 2013

College Trip To Manchester

 
I went to Manchester with college today. It was to collect fabric ideas, inspiration and to find out about the eco policies some shops have. In the afternoon we visited the Gallery of Costume which had a special exhibit on Dior. I found his designs very inspiring because he always creates garments that make women look elegant and stylish. I can see from his designs he favoured the hourglass silhouette, which I have mentioned in previous blog posts is something I like to incorporate into my designs. 
 
   Above are some mannequins I saw in Topshop. I like the clothes on display, they show the current trend of  bowler hats, blazers and black ankle boots
 
I saw this incredible pin dress while I was at the Gallery Of Costume. While I was looking at it , I was thinking how did they get it in this room without hurting anyone in the process. It must of been really difficult. 
This dress will be good for my sustainability brief because the designer has found a way to reuse these pins and  give them a new purpose.
 
 
 




 

 



























 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment