Wednesday 5 June 2013

Manufacture of Final Garment


 Now that I have finished my toile, I have started to manufacture my final dress. I constructed every thing the same, as I did for my toile apart from I inserted concealed zips. I left the waist facing of and the neck piece unfinished because I will do this after I have fitted it to a model. I also left the hem of the skirt because I think it looks nice as a raw edge.

When I was cutting the pattern for the skirt out of the fabric I came across a problem. The fabric, which is leather, creased when folded and it couldn't be ironed. To problem solve this I used tailors chalk to draw the pattern out on the wrong side of the fabric. 


I can't put the origami or the leaves on the dress until it has been fitted to a model but I did construct them ready for when I can sew them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment